Friday, February 13, 2009

Bra's for 6 year old girls?!

That's right, the company which makes the Bratz toy line is now making "padded" bras for 6 year old girls. Don't believe me? Read the story at the link above...This is the sort of thing that makes me sick to my stomach at how far our society has digressed in the last 2 decades. What the fuck do 6 year old girls need a padded bra for? Well, according to a spokes'woman' for the company, "The idea of the padding is for girls to be discreet as they develop." She HAS to be kidding? Most girls don't "develop" until 11 or 12 years old, or once they hit puberty. Never in my life have I see a 6 year old girl in need of a "bra" of any kind and even the idea that they would market such a product to 6 year old girls is appalling to me. The Bratz makers have sunk way to far on this one. Not only does their main product line imply that it's "cool" and "hip" for young girls to be "brats", but now they are trying to tell pre-pubescent girls that they should strap on a padded bra and show off what they "could" have one day! There aren't enough characters in Mandarin Chinese to express how appalled I am by this-much less the English language-and, to be frank, I'm a little scared for this next generation. As if starting with my generation (Gen X) it wasn't bad enough with promiscuity portrayed has cool and something that every 15 year old girl was doing by MTV and others during the 80's, we have digressed to the point that we are telling 6 year old girls (who at that age look more like boys in terms of "development") that they should be wearing padded bra's so that they can "hide what they have" (according to the spokeswoman). As if they have something to hide!!! Good fucking grief!!!! I can't say it enough-what the fuck is the world coming too, making stuffed and/or padded bra's for 6 year old girls!...I digress...Before I blow an important organ I will calm down and say this: we should all boycott this company so as to send them the message that 6 year old girls should STAY 6 year old girls, which means they don't need an effing bra!...For at least another 6 years anyways.

No comments: