Friday, January 30, 2009

The Superbowl

Ahhhhh...Yes....The SUUUUUPERBOWWWWL!!!! (As a couple of bartenders I know would say)...Needless to say, my prediction of Pittsburgh vs. Carolina got all shot to hell thanks to the Arizona Cardinals, who busted my bracket twice before I finally did pick them in the NFC Championship game (yes, I picked them in that game, even though I know no one will believe me)...I'm actually surprised that the "pundits" are being as fair to Arizona as they have been. I mean, it's Arizona. Until this year, they had the same basic history as my pathetic Lions did when it came to being in Superbowl-keep dreaming and hoping. But, here they are, in Superbowl 43 facing a veteran Steelers squad that wants their 2nd ring in 4 years...My pick...(drum roll please)...Arizona, 31-30. I know the Steeler defense is good, but Arizona's O'Line picked the perfect time to gel for old man Warner and there isn't a defense in the league that can cover the Cardinal recievers. One of those guys is going to be open and my bet for Superbowl MVP will be Anquon Boldin (assuming Arizona wins that is)...BUT, the most important thing to take out of Superbowl 43 has nothing to do w/either team that is in the game itself, it's for the new GM and President of the Detroit Lions: If they can do it, so can we-after all, until this year Arizona and Detroit were 2 of the 4 teams in the league who HADNT at least appeared in a Superbowl yet.

No comments: