Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Way to go Lakers!!!!

Congratulations to Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers...For laying down like a bunch of bitches in game 6 of the NBA finals last night.
I'm a huge fan of all sports (I hope so seeing as how I cover many for a local newspaper) and basketball is one of personal favorites. In fact, after football, basketball is my second favorite sport, but this year's final's was bitter sweet for me. For one, my home team-the Pistons-laid down to Boston themselves (thanks "Sheed"-I used to be a fan of yours, but not after that pathetic performance), but I thought that the Lakers would at least make the finals entertaining and take Boston the distance after dispatching last years champs, the Spurs, in just 6 games themselves. But Kobe, Pao, Odom and the rest of the team got chumped in the biggest way. They didn't get run out of the building, they got run down the street, down the block and right out of the metropolitan Boston area...How sad...But, there was a good side to it: Like Red Sox fans of a few years ago, now all the Celtic fans can stop their whining and bitching about never winning it all-as if you had any reason to complain with the Patriots in your town anyways.

No comments: