Saturday, September 5, 2009

U of M thrashes WMU 31-7

AHHHH…All is well in Wolverine territory-at least for the next week anyways.

After a rough week during which several “unnamed” players tried to call out 2nd year Michigan Football head coach Rich Rodriguez for disobeying NCAA rules concerning practice time, the Wolverines needed a win-especially given the fact that they were coming off the worst year in school history.

Not only did they need a win, but they needed a convincing one at that-especially over an opponent as historically inferior as today’s-Western Michigan.

Low and behold, that is exactly what they delivered-a convincing thrashing of an inferior opponent.

I have to admit-after last year’s pathetic 3-9 campaign; I was a bit worried about the Michigan Football program. I know enough to have recognized that Rodriguez didn’t have the type of players he wanted for the type of system which he likes to run, but to see the pathetic effort that was put forth on the field last year during the few games I was able to watch (I live in Florida now) well, needless to say, I had my doubts, but at least I know that the program won’t be a complete disaster for the duration of Rodriguez’s tenure-speaking of which, he probably saved his job today.

Don’t think I’m gullible-I know this is just one game, and it was against an inferior opponent. But the dominance displayed on both sides of the ball by the Wolverines was reminiscent of years gone by, and, even though “Rich Rod” wasn’t the traditional type of coach that Wolverines fans were used too, we can now see why he was hired…

Go Blue!!

No comments: